Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Introduction

For many years, I had a dream of creating my own computer adventure games. I followed this for a long while, learning to program, and eventually having a crack at AGI game making.

However, after a couple of years of tinkering with the AGI interpreter, I played a game called 'Solar Winds'. Long before the popularity of MMORPG's I had an idea. I thought wouldnt Solar Winds be awesome if you could play it online against other players? It would be a space trading type game online.

I set out to create my own version. I Called it 'SpaceM' and actually had a working prototype for a short while, around 1998. By 2001 however I had begun an interest in other things, including that which doesnt involve a computer.

So now, in 2009 I have the time again (for the most part) to restart my interests in programming. I have scrapped the idea of a space trading game and have gone back to basics, to hone my skills and create an RPG.

The blog
Keep coming back to this site for the progress on the RPG, and the obstacles I run into.

No comments:

Post a Comment